Works with ElkArte: 1.0-1.1
Using this addon will give URLs posted in your topics an descriptive title. If a user posts a link outside of bbcode tags and optionally within them, this addon will find them, look up the webpage, get the title, and replace the link with a bbcoded url with the webpages title.
http://www.somesite.com will convert to [url=http://www.somesite.com]Website Title[/url] and display as Website Title
- Adds capability to automatically update links in posts to display the links website/page title instead of the url.
- Converts internal links to show the topic subject or board name as appropriate, external links to website title
- Optional length and generic name protection to avoid changing links to things like Login, Welcome, etc
- Optionally convert links contained inside of BBC URL codes
- Permissions to allow users to disable link conversion on a per post basis (under post additional options)
- Only converts links when the post is saved or modified, ensuring no performance impact during normal message viewing.
This addon make 2 template edits in order to add a checkbox to the post template advanced option section. This option allows a user to disable the function for a particular post as some links are better left as URL’s.
Download a package by URL
- Download a package by URL is a quick way to download a package from the web to your forum. Using (Package Manager -> Download Package) enter the below link under the “Download a package by url” field and select Download. This will save the package to your server where you can install it.
Upload a Package
- Alternatively, download the package using the below link and then using (Package Manager -> Upload Package) browse to where you saved the package on your computer and upload it to the server. You may also FTP the downloaded file directly to your packages directory.
This ElkArte Addon is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License version 1.1 (the “License”). You can obtain a copy of the License at https://www.mozilla.org/MPL/1.1/