This installs a member map to your website which allows your members to pin their location on a map. It uses Google Maps 3.0 API to generate the map and place ‘Push” pins.
Google Earth can also make use of the pin data. This mod allows for the exporting of user pin data in to a .kml file for those that want to use Google Earth to see their member locations. Simply add a network link in Google Earth to point at
http://www.example.com/forums/index.php?action=GoogleMap;sa=kml to get the data for Google Earth. The capability to export .kml files is controlled by the permission to view the map, and keep in mind Google Earth will appear as a guest to your forum.
How to Use:
In your admin panel you will need to enable it, which implies your acceptance of Google Maps terms of service. Choose the settings that best work for your site. There are many settings so you can fine tune the experience for your users and site. Next, your members will need to edit their profiles and place a pin on the map to show their location and save their profile. That pin will then display on the main member map page. The admin will also need to set the map permissions so users can view the map as well as place a pin on the map.
- Adds a member map button to the main menu under the community dropdown
- Adds a member profile area for users to add their pin to their profile. This will then appear on the map.
- Ability to search by location when placing their pin
- Adds Profile info bubbles to the map pins
- Ability to cluster pins together to improve map legibility. Clusters will expand out as you zoom in on them
JSColor project http://jscolor.com/ to select the pin color in the admin interface. JSColor is by Jan Odvárko and is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License. LGPL differs from GPL by allowing you to use JSColor even in non-(L)GPL applications.
Download a package by URL
- Download a package by URL is a quick way to download a package from the web to your forum. Using (Package Manager -> Download Package) enter the below link under the “Download a package by url” field and select Download. This will save the package to your server where you can install it.
Upload a Package
- Alternatively, download the package using the below link and then using (Package Manager -> Upload Package) browse to where you saved the package on your computer and upload it to the server. You may also FTP the downloaded file directly to your packages directory.
This ElkArte Addon is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License version 1.1 (the “License”). You can obtain a copy of the License at https://www.mozilla.org/MPL/1.1/