Works with ElkArte: 1.0
This addons introduces (guess what?) the topic prefixes feature. Each topic can be “tagged” with a prefix that will be displayed next to the subject of the topic in several places around the forum. The admin can create new prefixes and can apply custom styles to them (there is a simple web-interface for that, but it works only for the default theme of the board, and only if the “custom.css” file is present in the root of the theme).
The current version (v0.0.2) is still a beta, some things are not yet implemented (permissions) and others may be broken.
- adding/modifying prefixes to a topic
- showing prefixes in some places (MessageIndex and Display)
- list of topics with a certain prefix
- list of prefixes present in a certain board (above the list of messages)
- filter topics in a board by prefix (based on the list of prefixes in the board)
- admin interface to actually create and edit prefixes
###Missing for first release:
- list of all prefixes (I’m working on that)
- show prefixes “everywhere”
- multiple prefixes per topic
- merge with tags addon with a switch to decide if a tag is a prefix or a tag or something like that?
- any suggestion that would come up in the topic
Download a package by URL
- Download a package by URL is a quick way to download a package from the web to your forum. Using (Package Manager -> Download Package) enter the below link under the “Download a package by url” field and select Download. This will save the package to your server where you can install it.
Upload a Package
- Alternatively, download the package using the below link and then using (Package Manager -> Upload Package) browse to where you saved the package on your computer and upload it to the server. You may also FTP the downloaded file directly to your packages directory.
This ElkArte Addon is subject to the terms of the BSD 3-Clause Simplified (the “License”). You can obtain a copy of the License at http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause