Works with ElkArte: 1.0.2
Using this addon adds a new permission such that forum admins / owners can decide which groups are allowed to have have their own signatures and websites (links and names).
- Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
- By default, forum members are usually allowed to have their own signatures and websites (links and names).
- All these are shown at display (post), personal message, profile summary, message list etc (are there any more?).
- Some of these are annoying and forum admins or owners dislike this, (or they want to charge some payment for them :P).
- Using this mod added permission, forum admins / owners can decide which groups are allowed to have these option available.
- This mod should automatically stop displaying all members’ signatures and websites until permission is assigned.
- Admin groups shall always have the privilege to have both options and can see previously set members’ signatures and websites.
- You can test it in all lower ElkArte 1.0.x version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)
- Special thanks to emanuele in making this a fully hook version.
Download a package by URL
- Download a package by URL is a quick way to download a package from the web to your forum. Using (Package Manager -> Download Package) enter the below link under the “Download a package by url” field and select Download. This will save the package to your server where you can install it.
Upload a Package
- Alternatively, download the package using the below link and then using (Package Manager -> Upload Package) browse to where you saved the package on your computer and upload it to the server. You may also FTP the downloaded file directly to your packages directory.
This ElkArte Addon is subject to the terms of the BSD 3-Clause Simplified (the “License”). You can obtain a copy of the License at http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause